I loved Namaste and had been ordering from the establishment on a regular basis for the past 6 months so it pains me to write this review. Last week my sister and I phoned for a home delivery of our usual comfort food fix, Chicken Tikka Masala. A few hours later we both fell into similar painful delirious stages of stomach pain, nausea and mild fever – or to put it briefly – food poisoning. But my blind faith in the best curry in town surpassed my rational side, so I shrugged it off and blamed it on something else we had earlier.
So I waited a few days for my digestive system to fully recover and ordered from Namaste again yesterday. Now I am writing this review at 7 in the morning after a sleepless night of sporadic bathroom trips. My stomach still makes desperate cries of agony. Fool me twice, shame on me right?
I thought that my being Vietnamese and the widespread disregard for food-safety in Vietnam mean that my body is impervious to most mundane food germs, which gives me leeway to be semi-cavalier about what I put in my mouth as long as the taste justifies it. I’m not sure if a one star is too harsh on the place that consistently churns out delicious, albeit debatably unsanitary, food. But unlike service or décor, food safety is something we cannot overlook. Now don’t get me wrong, I really wish Namaste the best and genuinely hope that Gopi will place tighter inspection on the sanitary condition of his kitchen and staffs so that one day I can return to this fine establishment again. But until then, my body can’t handle any more involuntary purging.