Hanoi , Tây Hồ
Genesis School is now accepting applications for an ESL Coordinator for the 2019-2020 school year.
The ESL Coordinator provides direct service to students, consults with other professionals, consults and discusses issues with parents, plans, delivers, and evaluates instructional outcomes, and conducts the research needed to perform the essential functions of the position. Consultation with parents, other professionals, and agencies may take place outside of the school. The essential functions for our ESL Coordinator are as follows:
The ESL Coordinator is responsible for planning and administering the Genesis School ESL program for al grades.
• Maintain all administrative paperwork associated with the ESL program.
• Recommend and provide needed professional development in ESL education for faculty and staff.
• Conduct parent meetings for in-service in ESL education and encourage active participation in the district program.
• Coordinate with Green Curriculum coordinator an integrated ESL program that aligns with the language and concepts of the Green Curriculum at any given time.
• Assist and provide support and resources for teachers with ESL students as they attempt to identify and meet the needs of these students at their various levels.
• Provide a liaison between parents and the school, regular teachers, the administration, program personnel, and the community at large.
• Promote the welfare and safety of students and staff.
• Collaboratively develop and implement a shared mission and vision as integrated into the Green Curriculum and school values.
• Collect and use data to identify goals, assess organizational effectiveness, and promote organizational learning.
• Create and implement plans to achieve goals.
• Promote continuous and sustainable improvement.
• Monitor and evaluate progress and revise plans.
• Nurture and sustain a culture of collaboration, trust, learning, and high expectations
• Assist in creating a comprehensive, rigorous, and coherent curricular program.
• Create a personalized and motivating learning environment for students.
• Monitor instruction of ESL classrooms.
• Assist in the development of assessment and accountability systems to monitor student progress.
• Develop the instructional and leadership capacity of staff.
• Promote the use of the most effective and appropriate technologies to support teaching and learning.
• Assist in monitoring and evaluating the impact of the instructional program and management of operational systems.
• Ensure teacher and organizational time is focused on quality instruction and student learning.
• Collect and analyze data and information pertinent to the educational environment.
• Build and sustain positive and productive relationships with families, caregivers, and community partners.
• Implement a system of accountability for every student's academic and social success.
• Model principles of self-awareness, reflective practice, transparency, and ethical behavior.
• Assess, analyze, and anticipate emerging trends and initiatives in order to adapt leadership strategies.
• Report to and perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
• Manage all testing for the ESL program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Collaborate with colleagues (school-wide meetings, professional development days, the professional development institute) to continuously improve personal practice, classroom instruction, assessment, and student achievement, as well as the overall goals and mission of the school.
• Access meaningful learning experiences (current theory, research, and developments in relevant academic disciplines, professional development opportunities, and ideas from colleagues and supervisors) and exercises judgment in accepting findings as valid for application in classroom practice and teacher improvement.
• Reflect critically upon teaching experience; identify areas for further professional development as part of a professional development plan that is linked to grade level, school, and network goals; access meaningful learning experiences; and listen thoughtfully to other viewpoints and respond constructively to suggestions and criticisms.
• Use feedback to update Individual Professional Development Plan.
• Fulfill all outlined and related functions professionally, timely and thoroughly.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following district procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
• Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Punctuality - Ability to report to work on time on a day-to-day basis.
• Regular attendance - Exhibiting regular attendance in order to perform duties in a satisfactory manner.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school)
Required, Field of Study: Education - ESL or ESL endorsement – early childhood development or/and elementary school
Master's Degree: Preferred
Experience: Previous teaching experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Shall be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency with computers and programs associated with the position.
Certifications & Licenses: TESOL certifications preferred
• Mission Focused
• Driven towards Excellence
• Results Oriented
• Culturally Proficient
• Collaborative Colleague
• Constant Learner
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Knowledge of or experience with Common Core State Standards, Cambridge English, or Understanding by Design preferred
• Ability to use data to inform instruction and decision-making related to student achievement
• Ability to turn best practices into high quality, goal-driven results
• Highly effective writing, oral and interpersonal skills to communicate with a varied audience
• Data managements tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)