About the School:
Nguyen Sieu School, located at Mac Thai To Street in Cau Giay District, is a non-profit bilingual school system in Vietnam. We take pride in the educational resources and facilities and the high-quality programs of the academe, most of which are patterned after the Cambridge Curriculum. After 26 fruitful years since its establishment, Nguyen Sieu School now has approximately 2,800 students who are under the tutelage of 43 full-time expatriate teachers.
The school wishes to live by its vision, that is, to become a premier bilingual school in Vietnam that offers world-class education while upholding traditional Vietnamese values. At the heart of our educational program is a core commitment to ensuring that our students are well equipped to take their place in an increasingly inter-connected and globalised world.
Current positions available:
Nguyen Sieu School is currently seeking dynamic, committed and experienced teachers of Secondary English IGCSE and Mathematics to join our international faculty team. Successful candidates may be awarded a full-time contract and will teach English or Maths to secondary students from Grade 6 to 10 following the Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum.
• Experience and/or interest in teaching English or Maths to secondary and high school students is desirable.
• Experience of Cambridge International Examinations is a plus, but not necessary.
• Teaching English or Mathematics to students according to the requirements of the Cambridge Program.
• Preparing lesson plans and teaching materials
• Carefully adapting teaching instruction and aids to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
• Monitoring student academic progress and providing immediate, relevant feedback.
• Assessing student performance and guiding them reach their full potential in English or Maths.
Other Specific Details of the Role:
• All nationalities are welcome to apply.
• Positions are full time (8h00 to 16h30), Monday to Friday.
• You will teach a max of 20 contact hours per week.
• Contracts run from February until the end of May with the possibility of extension for another year.
• The school offers visa, health insurance and 10 days paid holiday in June with the completion of the contract.
• Salaries starting at VND 46mil gross (about 20% of tax, depending on your visa status), but it can go up with qualifications and experience.
• Great students and a nice working atmosphere.
• BA/ 4-year diploma
• Teaching qualification/license/CELTA/ TESOL
• Commendable presentation, communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Outstanding skill in classroom management, time management, interpersonal relations and team work
• Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted and positive
Interested applicants may send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be sent a reply for a demo and an interview.