Easiguy Easiguy posted June 20th, 2019 at 1:07 am to Paperwork. Viewed 152 times. Answered once.

Getting married in Hanoi

mama mama posted June 15th, 2019 at 10:00 pm to Paperwork. Viewed 122 times. Not yet answered.

Hi I would like to know if anyone knows where and how to obtain Certificate Vietnamese Nationality?

shadow shadow posted September 22nd, 2010 at 10:35 pm to Paperwork. Viewed 977 times. Answered 13 times.

hi ... I am in a dilemna here.. I came to hanoi approx a year back.. I had been stayin at one house and recently moved to new apartment.. Soon I will be moving out of VN and would require to get "no criminal records" certificate[issued by department of justice].. When I went to the police station last week, found out that my old house owner did not register my residence.. hence could not get a police certificate for my stay at that house... now my employer is ready to give a notarized document that I have been staying there [since that was a company guest house].. Is this sufficient to get the "No Criminal Records Certificate"?? Appreciate anyone's help on this....

rburkwood rburkwood posted September 2nd, 2017 at 2:37 pm to Paperwork. Viewed 4350 times. Answered 7 times.

Hi everyone! So I need to obtain a Criminal records check "Ly lich Tu phap" from the National Center for Criminal Records in Vietnam. I am a Uk citizen who no longer resides in Vietnam. I need this certificate to pass security clearances in my new job in the UK. I have looked through the Vietnamese embassy in the UK's website for advice and it appears that it can be done but you need to authorise someone in Vietnam to do it for you. I have no contacts in Hanoi who could possibly do this for me. http://vietnamembassy.org.uk/index.php?action=p&ct=Consular%20Services%20for%20Ireland%20residents#PCHECK I have contacted a few law firms about this and have been quoted $500(!) to do this. Does anyone know of anyone else offering this sort of service at a better price? Any hel...

JerryLee JerryLee posted September 19th, 2018 at 8:17 am to Paperwork. Viewed 237 times. Answered once.

I can't seem to find any button to click for writing an ad or a review.

pslack pslack posted May 1st, 2018 at 10:05 pm to Paperwork. Viewed 473 times. Answered once.

Hi Everyone, I've scanned questions regarding a motorbike license but have not seen anything about people who might take the driver's license test or help with acquiring the license itself. Does anybody have contacts that help facilitate the process and a known price? I will be spending time in Hanoi and Lao Cai province. Thank you for your help!

theunfamiliar theunfamiliar posted March 20th, 2018 at 10:11 am to Paperwork. Viewed 1614 times. Not yet answered.

Hi all. I'm an American just now moving to Hanoi for work. I need to find an accountant out here who is very experienced with America and Vietnam tax practices to help me figure out how best to approach my tax payments in both countries.

happyheart happyheart posted October 3rd, 2017 at 9:58 am to Paperwork. Viewed 962 times. Answered once.

Hi There Everyone, I am seeking advice on how to proceed with opening up a startup with Vietnamese citizens. I see most businesses open through a Joint Stock Company here. 1. I was wanting to know would it be best to open a Limited Liability Company instead of a Joint Stock Company? 2. What is the best way to protect yourself as a foreigner when it comes to being in a partnership? (Not saying that things will go wrong or VN citizens are bad, but just wondering for future reference so that we can ensure fairness.) 3. One advice has been stated that I open business by myself, but with a team, it's better in my opinion as everyone has different expertise. 4. How can we ensure equal rights with equal power when it comes to decision making or vote on decisions. Who gets the overa...

itsjohnny itsjohnny posted October 21st, 2012 at 6:49 am to Paperwork. Viewed 215 times. Answered 8 times.

I would like to apply for residency(temporary and ideally permanent). Has anyone does this with the help of a lawyer? I don't mind paying a fee. It would be preferable to running around myself. Any contacts in this area would be appreciated.

BlackSheep BlackSheep posted January 19th, 2015 at 12:21 pm to Paperwork. Viewed 896 times. Answered 4 times.

Has anyone overstayed a visa recently and paid the fine on exit at the airport? If so how much was the fine and is it still calculated on a per day basis?

phobic888 (elite user) phobic888 posted March 1st, 2009 at 11:06 am to Paperwork. Viewed 303 times. Answered 12 times.

So I arrived in Hanoi on Sat. night. When passing through customs I was taken aside and then escorted to the visa office where they explained to me that there had been an error on my visa. I got my visa through the Viet Consulat in Ottawa, Canada. Apparently they put the wrong code done and therefore the visa was incorrect. I had paid about $100usd for a 6 month single entry visa and was now informed that my visa would only be good for a single month due to the error. Not wanting to get into an arguement because I was tired from 30 hours of travelling I just accepted the outcome and came to my hotel room. My main question is: Should I contact the consulat in Ottawa and explain the problem to them? And do you think they will be able/willing to do anything about it? I don't care about the...

Vinamilk50 Vinamilk50 posted March 21st, 2016 at 5:45 am to Paperwork. Viewed 212 times. Answered once.

Has anyone ever had any experience renewing their VN visa while on a tour? If so, please share your experience and recommendations. Thanks!

DawidTFL DawidTFL posted December 28th, 2015 at 9:58 am to Paperwork. Viewed 931 times. Answered 5 times.

Hi, Have a question regarding my work permit. ( I ma based in Hanoi ) I am about to hand in my notice. My employer is wanting to keep/cancel my work permit. Can I keep it, if yes, under what law? According to the contract I am giving 30 days of notice. Can anyone shed some light on it? Many thanks Dawid

MrMojoRisin MrMojoRisin posted September 28th, 2016 at 3:47 am to Paperwork. Viewed 217 times. Answered 7 times.

My Vietnamese driving license expired, and they won't renew it because my US license has also expired. The clerk at the Motor Vehicle department said I have to go back to America and renew my license. I can't do that because to get a driving license in a US state, you have to prove residency in that state, and my only residence is here in Viet Nam. Does anyone know of another way I can get a license? This is really important, as my health insurance won't cover me for an accident if I drive without a license.

travworld travworld posted June 30th, 2017 at 3:45 am to Paperwork. Viewed 825 times. Answered twice.

Is there a certain amount you can send out via Western Union? Without giving proof of where it came from.

Peter D Peter D posted May 9th, 2017 at 3:44 pm to Paperwork. Viewed 357 times. Answered once.

HI, I'm urgently looking for an Australian's JP ( Justice of Peace) in Ho Chi Minh City. Anyone knows can hejp me. Thanks and Best Regards, Peter

Hanoi 2017 Hanoi 2017 posted April 21st, 2017 at 10:22 am to Paperwork. Viewed 728 times. Not yet answered.

I want to sell my motorbike with NN plates What is the procedure to follow? Can someone help? Thank you

Generealty Generealty posted April 7th, 2017 at 10:58 pm to Paperwork. Viewed 239 times. Answered 3 times.

"Wanting to take my pet dog with me when I return to Thailand soon. Is there an agency that deals with the documentation required to be able to fly together and be allowed into Thailand ?"

Ben-E Ben-E posted February 28th, 2012 at 1:08 pm to Paperwork. Viewed 2913 times. Answered 26 times.

I'm coming into Vietnam with a little bit over 7000 USD in various currencies and was wondering if it's a good idea to declare it so that I can then deposit it in a bank and take it out without fear if it being stuck in VN if I want to leave again. Has anyone ever tried declaring money to get evidence of it on entry and have people ended up having to line the pockets of some customs official. I've also heard they don't give you a landing card anymore so I can't just write it on that. Does that mean I have to go through the red channel etc.

steam steam posted October 10th, 2016 at 4:23 am to Paperwork. Viewed 265 times. Answered once.

I am from an ASEAN country so I am under the 30day waiver thing but I found out that I cannot do an 'extension' unless I have a 30day gap between waivers. Hence I'm trying to get a visa. Best case scenario would be to get one without having to leave Vietnam. Currently in Hanoi. If anyone has a contact who can make this happen, please let me know (or pm). Thanks


... is The New Hanoian's Q&A forum. If you've got a question about life in Hanoi that you think you should pose to someone in the know, here is the place to do it.

Search before you post! Many of your questions have been asked and answered before. If you need additional information on a past post, or want a more recent update of the information, add your question to that thread. Doing so will return the thread to the top of the list. Try to avoid posting duplicate questions whenever possible.