domethrice domethrice posted March 5th, 2020 at 3:21 pm to Paperwork. Viewed 151 times. Answered twice.

I am an American citizen who just married a Vietnamese citizen. What type of long term visa is available to me and or permanent residency without having to constantly leave the country. I am retired so shouldn't need a work permit. Also where would I get this visa or residency.

Last answered by Agent004 about 3 months ago.

Answers (jump to newest answer)

Omari wrote on March 8th, 2020 at 8:24 pm

Are you looking for a working permit ?

clock iconThen Some Time Passed...
Agent004 wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 2:19 pm

Get a Temporary Residency Card. I got one and it lasts for 3 years, then you can renew it again. No need to leave and if you do, no need to get a visa. You can get more info on 4 Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District. Can't remember, but I think I paid about 3 mil for mine and the paperwork isn't so difficult. Just need your marriage cert and some photos. Might need the local police to sign a paper confirming where you live.

Please Sign In,  or Sign Up to post an answer.
The New Hanoian

The New Hanoian Ltd is registered with Companies House in the United Kingdom. Started in 2006 it remains the premier source for English-language information about living in Hanoi, and other major cities in Vietnam.