camonvn camonvn posted December 23rd, 2018 at 3:49 pm to Visas. Viewed 1123 times. Answered twice.

I'm a Japanese person living in Hanoi.
My current visa will expire on 4th January so need to update it.
I hope to get 3 months multiple tourist visa by visa on arrival.
However, I cannot take flight so need to get visa by land this time. 
So far, the agents could prepare visa letters before I reentered other borders by land.
I want to try the same way to get visa at Lao Cai border and have a short trip in Hekou this time. 
But most of visa agents don’t seem to support making visa letter for the immigration of Lao Cai border..
Anyways, I’d be glad if you share information or guide me the best way for this case.

Thank you,

Last answered by travworld about 7 months ago.

Answers (jump to newest answer)

johnspud wrote on December 29th, 2018 at 6:41 am

VOA is for air arrivals only

travworld wrote on January 7th, 2019 at 9:57 pm

Please tell us If you were able to get a new Visa, And yes Visa On Arrival is only for Arriving passengers by plane.

Please Sign In,  or Sign Up to post an answer.
The New Hanoian

The New Hanoian Ltd is registered with Companies House in the United Kingdom. Started in 2006 it remains the premier source for English-language information about living in Hanoi, and other major cities in Vietnam.