nonoxoxo nonoxoxo posted July 18th, 2018 at 4:12 am to Visas. Viewed 1685 times. Answered 3 times.

Hi all,
Is there anyone here who has got contacts in the immigration office? I have to get an approval letter from the embassy stating that they have permitted us to study in a university in Hanoi. However, my school is saying that it costs 400$, which is think is a way too high price for a student visa for 1 year.

i want to get this double checked.
can anybody help?

Thank you
text me at +841282374693

Last answered by nonoxoxo about 8 months ago.

Answers (jump to newest answer)

anh_lu wrote on July 18th, 2018 at 8:48 am


Do you register by yourself to study in the university or your were sent by a university of your own country ?

I was in a Francophone university that do some exchange with foreign student (Vietnamese go to study in France and 3-4 french students come in Vietnam).

For the French who came here, the university did the visa and they have to pay nothing. It was a 6 months visa. After the 6 months visa, they also did an other 6 month visa for those who stayed here to do their final internship.

As I know, for the 1st visa, the person in charge in the university get the approval letter and then send it to the French student.

I don't know about the process in other university but I find it very strange that you have to pay that price.

Thank you

johnspud wrote on July 19th, 2018 at 2:17 am

Where are you from/passport?

nonoxoxo wrote on July 19th, 2018 at 3:26 am


Please Sign In,  or Sign Up to post an answer.
The New Hanoian

The New Hanoian Ltd is registered with Companies House in the United Kingdom. Started in 2006 it remains the premier source for English-language information about living in Hanoi, and other major cities in Vietnam.