Rachel9 Rachel9 posted April 7th, 2014 at 1:33 pm to Visas. Viewed 213 times. Answered 3 times.

My roommate currently has a 10 month C2 that expires the beginning of July. She would like to stay here a little longer and apply for a tourist visa, but it is not worth it if she has to leave the country to apply. Does she? When I was applying for a business visa after having had a tourist visa, I had to leave the country, but I have no experience with the other way around (having a longer-term visa and then applying for a tourist visa). Does anyone have any knowledge/ experience with this? I know that there are tons of other posts about visas, and I have already read through quite a few of them. I apologize if you are irritated by this question and feel you have already answered it elsewhere, but I am still unclear about whether or not this situation requires my friend to leave...

rankoldbeast rankoldbeast posted April 1st, 2014 at 7:42 am to Visas. Viewed 301 times. Answered 10 times.

Hi, I know you're all bored of answering Visa questions, but I can't be bothered with trawling through years of TNH threads when they are all so out of date. My question is this: I have been here for nine months. My first renewal was done in country. No problem. Second, I had to leave VN and get a visa on arrival, as per the current rules. My next renewal is due in a couple of weeks and I would like to know if the visa-on-arrival (my current visa) can be extended for 90 days in country. I hope this makes sense, and I'll appreciate as much help as you can give. (I'll brace myself for the onslaught of sarcasm!)

travworld travworld posted March 30th, 2014 at 11:40 am to Visas. Viewed 219 times. Answered 8 times.

Why is it,you can go to Da Nang and get your visa renewed for 60.00 usd or less for 3 months and Hanoi is 120-150.00 ?

saulotmalo saulotmalo posted March 26th, 2014 at 3:51 pm to Visas. Viewed 206 times. Answered 3 times.

Hello, I have a resident card provided by my previous company. Now the contract with the company is finished but the resident card is still not finished. The company threatening me to tell to the immigration department that I don't want to give it back. But IMO and so far for what I read I'm in my right to keep my resident card until it is expired. Does someone knows where can I get information to know if I'm in my right to keep the resident card until it is expired? Thanks a lot for the support, PS:I haven't been able to find information for this specific issue anywhere in the web. I'm now asking to the embassy of my country but I don't know how long will it take.

kevin50 kevin50 posted March 14th, 2014 at 11:10 am to Visas. Viewed 233 times. Answered 8 times.

How do I renue my tourist visa, my three month visa runs out in April, I would like to renue it for another three months, have looked on the internet for the Vietnam immegration office but can't find it. Kevin.

Rammel25 Rammel25 posted February 25th, 2014 at 2:47 pm to Visas. Viewed 205 times. Answered 3 times.

I have been in Saigon for about 5 years and the visa are affordable there and "so-so"... Now, i am exactly 2 months here in Ha Noi and found out that its different when it comes to visa prices. Why is it?

anthony500 anthony500 posted February 12th, 2014 at 11:48 am to Visas. Viewed 49 times. Answered 5 times.

im american , i want to marry a vn girl . then go visit usa n travel america , what country can i go to and marry quickly n easy .

jundalisay jundalisay posted February 2nd, 2014 at 12:18 am to Visas. Viewed 340 times. Answered 6 times.

My wife and I will have a baby soon and we're looking for baby names that are known both in Vietnam and overseas. So far we've come up with: Male: Dan (Daniel) Female: An (Anne), Sam (Samantha), Mai, Van (Vanessa), Tam (Tammy), Kim Are there other foreign-sounding Vietnamese names that we've missed? Also, I want to clarify what are the options regarding the full name of a Vietnamese baby with a foreign parent. Let's say John Smith has a baby daughter with a wife named Pham Thanh Tam and they decide on the following: 1 - Last name is Smith 2 - First name is Hai What will the name be? A - Smith Pham Thi Hai (Western Surname + Viet Surname + Viet Filler Name + First Name) B - Smith Pham Hai (Western Surname + Viet Surname + First Name) C - Smith Thi Hai (Western Surn...

maliusmaximus (elite user) maliusmaximus posted December 12th, 2013 at 11:14 am to Visas. Viewed 218 times. Answered 5 times.

Hi All, I've had a thorough look and cant find a current thread on this although there has to be one I'd imagine. If anybody can point me to it, we can delete this thread. If not, here we go: I've heard that there are new laws relating to working visas. Does anybody have the skinny on it? What are the new laws, and where can I read about them? The info on the work permit websites doesn't seem to have changed since January this year. I currently have a work permit and a work visa, however my next contract will be renewed only for 5 months to bring it in line with other teachers at the school (end of school year). After that I'll be back to 1 year working contracts. I'm concerned about the length of this contract as it relates to renewals, and also about the renewal process in gene...

kebun kebun posted May 8th, 2013 at 5:57 pm to Visas. Viewed 183 times. Answered 45 times.

To all the guys who have 6months or 1 yr visa from Pnompenh out there. Any of you have problems when you enter Vietnam or with any office in Vietnam? I heard a rumor that someone had their passport confiscated by some authorities and they had a visa they got in Cambodia. Anyone know about this?

damooster damooster posted December 17th, 2013 at 5:08 pm to Visas. Viewed 215 times. Not yet answered.

My wife and I want to go to the Philippines at the end of the month. Our newborn daughter's US passport will be here by the end of the week. Is there a different procedure for getting a visa for my daughter? Or specifically, how do I go about getting her a visa? Not familiar with the process as my employer has always handled our visas. They can't do this one because we are on winter vacation, so I need to do this myself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

damooster damooster posted December 2nd, 2013 at 3:52 pm to Visas. Viewed 486 times. Answered 7 times.

My newborn baby was recently granted citizenship for both the Philippines and the USA. Her passports will not be ready for two months, but we were hoping to travel to the Philippines for Christmas. The Philippines Embassy gave us a travel document that states that our daughter is a Philippines citizen and that they request safe and lawful travel for her. At the bottom, they said we need to get an exit visa for this from the Vietnam Embassy. Does anyone have any experience with this? I contacted some of the reputable travel agencies here, hoping that they would do it, but they said that they weren't able to.

mojo2012 mojo2012 posted December 3rd, 2013 at 10:25 am to Visas. Viewed 113 times. Answered 3 times.

I have a 5 year marriage visa exemption but it says that i cannot exceed 90 days stay. Can I get it chopped for another 3 months at the immigration in Hanoi while having stayed in a HOTEL for the last 3 months? I don't have a family book. thanks for the feedback.

paddydonoghue paddydonoghue posted December 1st, 2013 at 5:11 pm to Visas. Viewed 206 times. Answered 6 times.

hey guys could anoyone tell me if you can enter vietnam one a one way ticket ona 3 month visa? im from Australia

Beach Life Beach Life posted November 17th, 2013 at 11:01 am to Visas. Viewed 234 times. Answered once.

Hi, Does anybody remember a post on here (TNH) posted about 1 month ago? It detailed new Visa (B3) restrictions by the V.N M.O.F.A. They were attempting to limit the amount of time tourists could stay here without a work permit. Thus, ousting, "Backpackers moonlighting as English Teachers". (Article headline). Can anybody send me the link to the news paper article or any proof that this law was passed, 1st November 2013. Thanks

Yvetebert Yvetebert posted February 22nd, 2013 at 4:12 pm to Visas. Viewed 708 times. Answered 17 times.

I am new to Hanoi and have recently been offered a teaching job. The problem that I face is how do I get my degree, police clearance and TEFL certificate notarized? I went to my Embassy (RSA) but they advised that they do not have the authority to issue a Apostille document. This question has probably been asked many times before but any help would be much appreciated!

neko neko posted July 29th, 2012 at 5:00 am to Visas. Viewed 498 times. Answered 64 times.

How do most expatriates continue to live in Vietnam permanently (10-30 plus years)? Is there a step by step plan one can undertake to accomplish this? Oh do most of you prefer living in HCM or Hanoi and some reasons? Neko

travelingtovietnam travelingtovietnam posted October 24th, 2013 at 5:31 am to Visas. Viewed 229 times. Answered twice.

My wife and I (both US citizens) are traveling to Vietnam in November for vacation. We applied for our visa's and got them back earlier this month. My wife's visa is a C1 visa and is for one month, which is fine. However, my visa is a C2 visa and goes for 3 months. I called the embassy in SF and they said that it was because I was of Vietnam origin. However, I am a US citizen, and applied with the same information as my wife. My parents are originally from Vietnam but now reside in the US. I think they might have given me the C2 visa because of my last name and assumed I was visiting family or something. My question: Is this an issue? Do I need to prove I am visiting family or something? The last thing I want to happen is to arrive and be denied entrance due to this mix up by ...

mzonis mzonis posted October 7th, 2013 at 2:04 am to Visas. Viewed 416 times. Answered 14 times.

Slightly Complicated Situation but if anyone can help me out and see if my company's threats are bark or just bite. I just came back on a visa run and got a new 3 month B3 Visa which they helped acquire for me. My company is saying that unless I sign a new contract with them ( a very unfavorable one)they will inform the authorities and cancel my visa. Thus my question is: 1. Can my visa actually be revoked/cancelled by my company 2. If it can be, what would my options for staying in Vietnam be? Visa Run? New Visa acquired in Vietnam?

jritoo jritoo posted October 1st, 2013 at 7:50 pm to Visas. Viewed 254 times. Answered 5 times.

Does anyone know the process of obtaining VISA for Vietnam in Mumbai? I am coming to Hanoi for employment and would like to obtain VISA in Mumbai instead of at the airport on arrival to Hanoi. It will help me open the NRE/NRO bank account in India.


... is The New Hanoian's Q&A forum. If you've got a question about life in Hanoi that you think you should pose to someone in the know, here is the place to do it.

Search before you post! Many of your questions have been asked and answered before. If you need additional information on a past post, or want a more recent update of the information, add your question to that thread. Doing so will return the thread to the top of the list. Try to avoid posting duplicate questions whenever possible.